Issues with Launching remote X apps

I'm trying to setup my startxwin.bat script in such a way that it logs in to a remote linux machine, and starts kde, with one click.

I'm there, except for the launching of kde part.

Here are (what I think are) the important commands from the script:

start XWin -screen 0 1280 960 -clipboard
run xsetroot -solid aquamarine4
run /usr/X11R6/bin/xHost.exe +
run xterm -geometry 80x24+0+0 -sb -leftbar -e ssh -f mir01startkde

But for some reason, when it executes 'startkde' it seems to do so without having loaded my environment variables, etc first.  I get lots of errors, and it dies.

If I make the last line in the .bat file this instead:
run xterm -geometry 80x24+0+0 -sb -leftbar -e ssh mir01

The ssh connection works correctly, and then if I type in 'startkde' everything runs great.

What am I doing wrong with the ssh command?

Thanks,

Dan