Re: Compiling gtk+ under cygwin

From:
Sylvain Petreolle <spetreolle@yahoo.fr>
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 16:59:56 +0200 (CEST)
To:
cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com

Couldnt you use cygnome team gtk+ packages instead ? http://cygnome.sf.net
cygnome.sf.net is for GNOME 1.x, and cygnome2.sf.net is still under construction
(there're only some souce patches for GNOME 2.2.1)

Here is the 'gtk2 on cygwin':
http://web.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~s01397ms/cygwin/index.html.en
There are both Win32 GUI and X11 GUI version of gtk2 ported cygwin.

I'm trying to compile the gtk+ library (2.x) in my
cygwin+xfree subsystem under Windows XP Home Edition.

First of all, I have to compile GLIBs, so I downloaded
it, launched ./configure, then "make".

The compilation is successful, but during the linking
phase, I get linking errors.
Make sure you install the latest libtool-devel, then do the following
after ./configure,
    $ mv libtool libtool.old
    $ cp /usr/autotool/devel/bin/libtool libtool
then continue to perform make.

When linking DLLs, you need to add '-no-undefined' to LDFLAGS,
and make sure appropriate libraries has been included in LIBADD
  (e.g: you need to add libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.la to LIBADD when linking libgdk_pixbuf_xlib.

Anyway, I recommend the prebuilt ones provided on the URL above.

Hansom Young