Re: Xcdroast

Camron, are you still trying to make xcdroast work ? Seems you made it
compile since you know about the root config issue :)
It seems the only way we have for now is to generate a root
configration file on another OS which has root user.

Note: does 'make install' work for you ? It always says me "nothing to
be done' and nothing is installed, I had to make symbolic links to the
binaries.

If you have not already done it, I will submit a report to the author.
Since the both parts of the tool compile without problem, we are so
close.

> Questions related to getting cdrecord etc to
> compile etc could be directed to the cygwin@cygwin.com list (since it
> is not a X application), but make sure you have done your homework
first.
Hehe:) If you see the 'from' field of the mail, cygwin@cygwin.com
rejected it and forwarded the mail to cygwin-xfree.

> working under Cygwin.  xcdroast is built with the GTK.  Last I heard
> compiling GTK apps under Cygwin was not completely trivial.
> http://cygnome.sourceforge.net/ may be a good starting point.  Others
Not this one :) Compiling xcdroast was easy as 'make ; make install'.
Now our goal is to make it work. Thanks for the help.

Rasjid, thanks for all your help.

=====
Sylvain Petreolle (spetreolle_at_users_dot_sourceforge_dot_net)
ICQ #170597259

alias upsf='false ; while [ $? -ne 0 ] ; do cvs update -APd ; done 2>&1 |tee cvslog'