Re: -nounixkill appears broken in 4.3.0.1 Windows 2000

Harold L Hunt II wrote:

> > Now there are two different places where these keys are handled.
> > In the xwin-specific code where we filter the keypress and terminate
> > xwin if unixkill is set and inside the dix layer which now handles
> > ctrl-alt-backspace internally (without displaying the dialogbox).
> >

> Do you know when they changed this?  I never noticed any news about it.

I think it was around march. I had problems with the linux xserver which
was not able to switch to other VTs

> Are we going to need to rework the way that nounixkill works?  Or maybe
> #ifdef out the handling in the dix layer?

I must take a deeper look where the Terminate_server...

in xkb/xkbActions.c they handle XkbSA_Terminate and call XkbDDXTerminateServer
from xkb/ddxKillSrv.c. There is already a hook for the xf86 xserver prepared:

{
#ifdef XF86DDXACTIONS
    xf86ProcessActionEvent(ACTION_TERMINATE, NULL);
#else
    GiveUp(1);
#endif
    return 0;
}

So we could do

{
#ifdef XF86DDXACTIONS
    xf86ProcessActionEvent(ACTION_TERMINATE, NULL);
#else
#ifdef XWINDDXACTIONS
    winTerminateQuery();
#else