Re: startxwin invoking bash

Jack,

I can't help here. I would appreciate if others would chime in with some insight here.

It might be a good idea... or it might not. I inherited the command lines in both of these scripts, so I can't always say that something must or most not be done.

It would probably be sufficient in this case to show an example command line for starting xterm with another shell that is used on a Linux or *BSD distribution... if they use the -i and -l, then we probably should to. If they don't, we might need to make sure that there are no drawbacks that would make this is a bad idea.

Harold

Jack Tanner wrote:

So startxwin.bat (and startxwin.sh) starts an xterm and invokes bash for that xterm:

xterm -e /usr/bin/bash

Is there any reason not to invoke bash as an interactive, login shell in this case, i.e., -i -l?

-JT