Re: expat & Xfree

Hello Harold,

>>>    Gerrit> BTW, which version of expat is included in the Xfree sources?

>>>It seems to be 1.95.2 whereas the cygwin official version is 1.95.6 :-(

>> This is a really old release, puh!

> So, does that cause a problem?  It would still eliminate the duplicate
> library, am I right?

If you use the already in the netrelease included expat 1.95.6 you're up
to date.  Should work without problems since the API has not changed.

After a closer look, I wonder now why your version is called
cygexpat-1.dll where my version is called cygexpat-0.dll, at least the
older version should be -0 and the newer one -1?

BTW, I see dependencies on expat for fontconfig and Xft, I already have
compiled these packages recently with the newer expat, there were no
problems for me.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=