Re: Xwin stackdump while logging into RH8 with KDE as window manager

Joel,

I just posted a Test97 DEBUG release to:

http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xwin/shadow/XWin-Test97-DEBUG.exe.bz2

You seem pretty knowledgeable, so I assume that you know what to do in order to locate the place that XWin.exe is bombing.

One caveat --- if you run this under gdb, be aware that two exceptions are thrown during intialization... these are caught by handlers in cygwin1.dll, so you can just "continue" when you see these two exceptions. Anything after that should indicate an actual problem.

Thanks so much for testing,

Harold

Joel Rosi-Schwartz wrote:

Harold L Hunt II wrote:

Joel,

The next step is to have you run a debug build of XWin.exe. We should be able to locate the offending line of code, so long as it is a problem internal to XWin.exe and not in an external library (it almost never is). I am creating a debug build of XWin.exe for you to try now. I really should have done this a long time ago... we have a few types of random crashes now that need to be fixed.

Fine, let me know when it is ready to go.

Thnaks,
Joel