xterm/ssh hang with Solaris 8

Hello,

I noticed that some other people have seen this same problem recently, and I'm wondering if somebody is already trying to solve it. I try to describe my problem as thoroughly as I can:
In cygwin local xterm window (on win2000), if I try to ssh to a Solaris 8 machine, xterm/ssh seems to hang after I've written the password. This occurs when using XWin in multiwindow mode, but does not occur with cygwin in windowmaker mode. However, this problem does not occur when connecting to a Linux machine. I start XWin from a .bat file.

Also I noticed that if I start an xterm window from the big X on the low right corner (using this great new .XWinrc feature), the same problem occurs, even when I'm running windowmaker as the window manager.

So the problem is easy to reproduce, but probably not so easy to solve ... :)

I have cygwin installed on win2000 (with all newest service packs and updates). The cygwin dll is 1.5.3-x, and all other cygwin packages are also updated two days ago.

Thank you!

Meri Hei

MSN Messenger - kaikki ystävät klikkauksen päässä! Lataa tästä ilmaiseksi. http://www.msn.fi/viestintapalvelut/Messenger