Re: Alt Gr special characters on german keyboard work only sometimes

Hi Alexander

> On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Holger wrote:
>
>> with all the Experts on keybords, could anybody give me a hint what
>> might be wrong here? The problem is that the keys work only
>> sometimes so you press them 10 times,
>> you get 8 backslashs an 2 times nothing, or 6-4. It seems to follow
>> no pattern.
>
> I'm not expiriencing such problems. But you can start the program
> xev, enter some backslashes into the window and send me the output,
> especially the KeyPress and KeyRelease events when the blackslash
> does not work.

Here you go. What I did is holding the 'AltGr' key continously and then pressing the '? ß \' (questionmark (with shift), sharps (normal) backslash (ArtGr)) key several times.

I double checked the events generated by Windows earlier with Spy++, they do not differ whether cygwin get's the right key or not.

thanks for your help

Holger