Re: Xwin stackdump while logging into RH8 with KDE as window manager

On Sunday 07 September 2003 03:11, Harold L Hunt II wrote:
> Joel,

[snip/snip]

> That is interesting... are you using an XF86Config file?  Or, do you
> have your keyboard in Windows set to something other than the default
> layout (the answer is probably no if you don't know what this is)?  What
> about the keyboard in your KDE setup.

I am not sure about the XF86Config file, if I was where would it be sitting.

As for the keyboards, yes we use UK keyboards. Up until a few months ago I had
to run <xmodmap /usr/share/xmodmap/xmodmap.uk> to reset the key bindings.
This problem disappeared at some point a few months back but reapeared with
the new release. The fix of changing the mount types to binmode also re-fixed
this problem.

I am really very curious as to what all of the interactions are, but I rather
afraid you guys would have to write a small book to explain it all. Perhaps
better to simply leave it with a hearty thank you and be happy that you are
on top of it all ;-)

- joel