Re: WXin Error over Win95

Erica,

Unless your host is named XDMP, then you aren't properly specifying the host to connect to.

I also see from your XWin.log that you might be trying to connect to dummy_entry:0. That isn't going to work either.

Please look at the following page in the User's Guide:

http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/ug/using-remote-session.html

Also, have a look at /usr/XFree86/bin/startxdmcp.bat. That file has several examples of how to connect to a remote machine. In addition, it can be modified to work for your system by simply changing the line near the top that reads:

SET REMOTE_HOST=10.0.0.1

If your host was named 'foo', then you would change this to:

SET REMOTE_HOST=foo

Hope that helps,

Harold

Erica Barkasz wrote:

I've got the latest version of cygwin installed over
Win 95 (Ver 4.0 Build 121)
Whenever I try to connect to an X server through -query XDMP, it fails to connect and the following
error appears at XWin.log (see file attached)
Could someone please tell me what's happening and how
can I fix it?
Thanks in advance.