Re: rootless cygwin emacs howto?

There is really nothing to it.  Just get a recent version of X, run it
with -multiwindow (and, I recommend, -clipboard), and run Emacs.  Voila!
Not sure if the currently packaged XWin.exe supports -multiwindow, but
the latest "Server Test Series", available from the Cygwin/XFree86
website, will do what you need (and is pretty stable).

--
Jason Dufair - jase@dufair.org
http://www.dufair.org/