Re: Latest CVS Compilation error

Harold L Hunt II wrote:

> Sounds good.  Please resubmit your earlier patch when you have this
> completed.  It doesn't look like it would be a good idea to implement it
> one half at a time.  However, we can certainly wait on trying to make
> the log either output to stdout or to a file... that could take some
> time to get right.

Here is the revised patch. This patch is against the HEAD branch of the xfree
cvs and is only directed to developers who compile from xfree cvs. The changes
do _not_ apply to the test-XX releases of XWin.exe.

Th patch forwards all output to the new log functions. The new switch -logfile
adjusts the name of the log and -logverbose adjusts the number of messages
written. Setting the last to a very low value (eg 0) will remove only few
messages since most messages written by the xserver have no special verbosity
level set and default to the lowest.

The log functions do write the messages to the logfile _and_ to stderr. Most
people will not notice as XWin has no console attached in the compiled version.

The move to use only the LogXXX functions instead of winMsg and ErrorF has to
wait until a 4.4 release of XFree is out and we can import the 4.4 branch to
the development cvs.

bye
    ago
NP: Welle:Erdball - Starfighter F-104G (2)
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723