Re: ddxLoad patch?

Alexander,

Alexander Gottwald wrote:

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Harold L Hunt II wrote:
This is the actual change: http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/xoncygwin/xc/programs/Xserver/xkb/ddxLoad.c.diff?r1=1.1.1.2&r2=1.2

Oh, I know it was just that one character change on the one line... just didn't find the right versions to diff in cvsweb.

This is far more simple. The "b" flag to the modes is defined in the ANSI C standard.

Right. However, we are going to have to make a claim that this won't affect any other platform. So, do these files effectively get opened in "b" mode on every other platform, including OS/2 and Mac OS X? If so, give me the justification that I can send in to XFree86.

In addition to what you say below, can we say that the files that ddxLoad operates on are binary files? If so, we should be all set.

Harold

From the fopen man page:
       The mode string can also include the letter  ``b''  either
       as  a last character or as a character between the charac­
       ters in any of the two-character strings described  above.
       This  is  strictly for compatibility with ANSI X3.159-1989
       (``ANSI C'') and has no effect; the ``b''  is  ignored  on
       all  POSIX  conforming  systems,  including Linux.  (Other
       systems may treat text files and binary files differently,
       and adding the ``b'' may be a good idea if you do I/O to a
       binary file and expect that your program may be ported  to
       non-Unix environments.)

bye
	ago