Re: Updated on sourceware: XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-14

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003, Harold L Hunt II wrote:

> Changes:
>
> 1) winconfig.c - Add the Japanese keyboard layout to the list of
> defaults as jp106.  (Alexander Gottwald)

Does that mean Japanese keyboards now work without any changes
by the user ?

I ask because I see something about Brazilian keyboards in the
same source file, but my keyboard acts like an US. I use XP
Professional SP1 in English but with all keyboard options
configured for my ABNT2 keyboard, which work fine on Windows
and rxvt's Cygwin.

I downloaded a xmodmap and am using it for XFree86.

>From the FAQ:

"Some keyboard layouts are configured according to the Windows
keyboard settings. For these layouts no special change is
needed."

--
How to contact me - http://www.pervalidus.net/contact.html