Re: Japanese keyboard auto-detection

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Kensuke Matsuzaki wrote:

> As far as I tested, when I press Eisu_toggle key, I receive
> WM_KEYDOWN VK_DBE_ALPHANUMRIC. But I never receive WM_KEYUP
> until I press Katakana key, even if I release Eisu_toggle key.
> Also if I release Katakana key, I never receive WM_KEYUP.
>
> I don't know why, and I can't find any documents in MSDN.
>
> I inserted following workaround into end of WM_KEYDOWN handler
> if (iScanCode == KEY_CapsLock)
>   winSendKeyEvent (KEY_CapsLock, FALSE);
> then CapsLock work well. But perhaps it is not smart.
>
> Does anyone know good solution?

I don't know the japanese keyboard system and can't test it.
If the windows input driver does the same stupid remapping
as with alt-gr, i think we should include this as a workaround.
But I'm not sure if the patch will change the pc105 handling
as well. This will require further investigation.

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de