Re: Generic rootless

Kensuke,

Looks cool. I really like the idea of doing this. I had talked to Torrey about how to do this, but I never got around to it.

One problem I noticed right away:

Your diff for hw/xwin thinks it is creating the Imakefile as a new file because there was no xwin-20031017-1340/Imakefile file on your system. I think I can probably figure out what you were trying to do here (adding a few source and object files I assume).

Very impressive.

I won't have a chance to build this until a day or two from now. I will give more feedback then.

Harold

Kensuke Matsuzaki wrote:

Hello,

This uses miext/rootless. rootless mode create Windows window for each toplevel X window.
The remote X apps's reorder/maximize/minimize performance is improved.
And to click one X window doesn't raise all X window together.

Known problem:
 When using twm, I click window then that window raise top in Windows but it stay
previous position in X. I don't know how to avoid clicking Windows window raise
window.

Kensuke Matsuzaki