Re: Enabling cygwin.rules/SharedLibFont

Harold L Hunt II wrote:

> Alexander,
>
> This all gets down to one question: does it make any sense and is there
> any benefit to building a shared Xfont lib?

I'll take a look too. I'd like to see the clients (luit, xfs ...) work
with the shared library.

> I can't see any good
> reasons for it.  Well, the one good reason is that the size of XWin.exe
> drops by about 600 KiB, but that is about it.

This would add a new dependency to the xserver binary. Nearly everything
in the xserver is linked staticly and I think this was done to make the
independend of the other X11 client libraries.

I'd leave the server with the static Xfont library.

bye
    ago
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723