Re: lesstif - Recompile for shared Xt has STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Harold L Hunt II wrote:
> My rebuild with --enable-shared didn't actually create a shared version
> of Xm.  I got lots of warnings about unresolved symbols not being
> allowed in shared libraries.

I'll look into that in the comming weeks.

> This rebuild worked just the same as my previous build against the
> shared libXt: moving, menus, everything worked, but mwm.exe gives a
> STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION when you choose "Close" from a menu.

Strange.  I just tried another box here (XP, the first one was NT4) with
the same results: able to click on things and watch them depress, but not
move them or get menus from the title bar.  This happens both pre and post
XFree86-bin-4.3.0-5.  twm/fvwm2/etc. seem to work fine.  Guess I'm just
lucky? :)

> Therefore, it should probably not hold up the current release of a new
> lesstif build.  I might go ahead and make a release now that I know that
> it isn't causing the Close crash.

No problem here.

--
Brian Ford