Re: AW: cygwin.rules - Enabling shared libXt finally?

I would be okay with that if it happened. I am the one that recompiled lesstif and I don't think that the maintainers of other Xt-dependent apps have recompiled yet.

However, if it isn't a big deal then I will wait until the 4.4.0 release to make this change. 4.4.0 should be released around December some time.

Harold

Charles Wilson wrote:

Errm, this isn't going to change the public interface is it? That is, if Harold releases another libXt with this change, would that break the recently re-compiled and released lesstif, etc etc?

--
Chuck

Ralf Habacker wrote:

Not sure I understand. What should be changed in the current version of the Xt code?

only note 1, chaning the label. The second note is only for completeness.

Attached are my curent xc/lib/Xt/[Initialize.c|IntrinsicP.h] files. Please send a diff against these if anything should be changed. Note that these are intentionally from the 4.3 branch.

--- Initialize-old.c 2003-10-21 20:21:18.000000000 +0200 +++ Initialize.c 2003-10-21 20:23:25.000000000 +0200 @@ -236,8 +236,8 @@

 asm (".data\n\
  .globl __XtInherit        \n\
- __XtInherit:      jmp *_$$y \n\
-  _$$y: .long ___XtInherit   \n\
+ __XtInherit:      jmp *__$XtInherit \n\
+ __$XtInherit: .long ___XtInherit   \n\
     .text                 \n");

#define _XtInherit __XtInherit