Re: http://lesstif.sourceforge.net/INSTALL.html#compile_Windows

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003, Harold L Hunt II wrote:

> Brian,
>
> Actually, Nicholas Wourms and I got a shared build working.  He has
> posted the package for me to review and I will try to upload it tonight
> if I get a chance.  He also included bug fixes that are in lesstif's
> CVS, so mwm's 'Close' menu item seems to be working again.

Um..., great!  But..., I wasn't *just* trying to get a shared build, or
*just* trying to fix mwm's Close bug.  At least with your new static lib
build (lesstif-0.93.91-2), none of our apps work anymore.  They all die
with error messages like I quoted below.

Any chance you/Nicholas did something to fix these too?  Any chance of
previewing that package to see if it WFU (that would be "Works For Us")
:)?

BTW, I still can't reproduct the Close bug because I still can't get mwm
to let me move a window, or pop up a menu from the title bar.  This is
strange because it happens to me with stock lesstif/XFree86 on both NT4
and XP.  I guess nobody else see this?

> Brian Ford wrote:
>
> > As an intermediate step, I am trying a static lesstif build with the new
> > shared Xt/Xmu, etc.  I am getting the followin message on startup of an
> > application that previously worked fine:

This happens with your stock lesstif-0.93.91-2 package.

> > Warning: XmManager ClassInitialize: XmeTraitSet failed
> >
> > Error: attempt to add non-widget child "DropSiteManager" to parent "he"
> > which supports only widgets

And then the app dies.

--
Brian Ford