Re: host cygwin/xfree86 code on sources.redhat.com

I have thought about it.

There are really two phases to this:

1) Maintain a fork of the 4.3.0 tree for builds and bug fixes for a few months.

2) Work in parallel on autotooling the Cygwin/X build so we can build on the xserver tree on freedesktop.org. This is more of an experimental setup. It will require a lot of work and won't be ready for some time.

I don't want to get into all of the details right now... I am still thinking about this.

Thanks for your insight,

Harold

Nicholas Wourms wrote:

Harold,

It just makes sense, considering everything else is hosted there as well. CGF has made offers in the past to host serious projects' code, I'm sure Cygwin/XFree86 qualifies.

It saddens me to see that we cannot get the time of day from the XFree86 people. Shame on them for that!

Cheers,
Nicholas