Define a foreign language keyboard in HP-Ux CDE?

Hi all,

Having downloaded the latest version of XFree86, I encounter a
problem using altGR on a Spanish keyboard.

I searched and I searched and saw many articles of people with the same question from Denmark, Norway, Germany, UK and other countries, and fixes with Xmodmaps, xkeycaps, XF86Config, etc leaving still unclear to me which one is right: I didn't get it working yet.

Can anyone tell me what´s the final solution?

Doing a xmodmap on one of the CDE windows shows a keyboard with a US layout.

A normal Xfree86 xterm (without CDE) is working fine with the same keyboard.

I am using Xserv V 4.2.0-42 on WindowsXP with a CDE environment on
HP-UX 11. The keyboard is a regular Compaq Spanish keyboard. In
WindowsXP the keyboard is set to Español - (alfabetización Internacional)

Regards, Hans.