Re: Cygwin X server crashes when a remote Xemacs is run

Hi, I see what appears to be the same crash (address 0x61093b2c), using Vim 6.2 with the GTK1 GUI. One remote system is running AIX, the other Solaris. The cygwin system runs NT 4 SP6.

However, I only crash if I run XWin.exe -multiwindow. Switching to windowed, fullscreen, or even rootless causes the crash to go away.

Nothing is written to Xwin.log after the normal startup messages.

Brian

Here what I'm trying to do:
I establish a rsh connection with a UNIX/Linux machine and open an xterm.
The I run Xemacs on this remote machine and XWin.exe crashes.
I tried it connecting with both a Linux machine and a Alpha machine. Here
the Xemacs versions installed on those machines:
Linux - Xemacs 21.1 (patch 14) i386-redhat-linux
Alpha - Xemacs 20.4 alpha-dec-osf3.2

Here the Windows error message:
Exception: access violation (0xc0000005), Address: 0x61093b2c

I'm running Cygwin 1.5.5-1 on Windows NT 4.0 Workstation. XWin.exe version
is 4.3.0-20

Giampaolo Orrigo