Re: Keyboard layout

Alexander Gottwald wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Lorenzo Travaglio wrote:
>

>>How about the keyboard layout?
>>On my 103 key, Italian style, it is not possible to found braces even if on
>>Window they are placed over square brackets and are activated with
>>Alt-Shift-{left,right}bracket.

This is a known "problem", at the moment I use a US-EN keyboard so I don't have this kind of problems, anyway sometime ago I had a notebook with an italian keyboard.

In order to have characters like "{", "}" (but also "`" that is vital for shell commands) I had to use xmodmap.

If you use search Google for italian+keyboard+xmodmap you should find everything you need.

> Where are those keys on the italian keyboard? I've tried with the windows
> layout and could not produce any symbol with alt-shift-8 (assuming you
> mean this with bracket)

In an italian keyboard at the right of the "P" key instead of the "["/"{" and "]"/"}" keys that you usually find in US/EN keyboards you have accented letters. Within Windows (try the nodepad) you can always produce "{" and "}" characters by pressing "Alt Gr" + one of the above keys.

> bye
> 	ago

Bye,

Danilo