Re: chmod

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Lorenzo Travaglio wrote:

> I've sent to myself from my office a little bash program. With Xterm it is
> impossible to change the peremissions even if 'chmod -v' says that new
> permissions have take place. I have no idea about, do you have one?

You mean you can change the permissions in a bash console window with
chmod, but not with chmod from an Xterm?

More likely, you are running an NT variant at work and 9x at home?  See:

http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_toc.html#TOC45 and
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/highlights.html#OV-HI-PERM

In that case, this is not Xfree86 related, so next time please use the
main cygwin@cygwin.com mailing list.  Also, see:

http://www.cygwin.com/problems.html

for how to report this issue correctly so that someone can answer without
guessing.  Thanks.

--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer