Re: wmaker

> What message?  It should produce an xterm.
No. the only message is "startxwin.bat - Starting on Windows 95/98/Me"
fisplayed into a DOS console, and nothing more

> X11 uses the loopback interface with IP address 127.0.0.1 and so need
> "Internet" access.  This is normal.
OK.

> > The third one starts an X window but nothing more. After "X&" from bash,
> > when I try to run "wmaker&" the answer is only an error.
> >
> What error?
- wmaker fatal error. Could not open display "".
Please note that there isn't $DISPLAY or $COMPUTERNAME or other sounds-like
environment variables (like in my office's installation) and even if I try
to set such variable nothing happens. I use all the batch files like
provided by the installation. I've not modified them because I don't known
what to do.