Re: wmaker

Brian,

Brian Ford wrote:

Harold,

we have this problem all the time.  One user logs in, uses X, logs out,
then the next user logs in and X won't start because they can't
delete/open /tmp/.X11-unix/X0.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

Even if the second user has administrator privledges, the startxwin.bat
script can not delete the unix socket.  Only if the second user explicitly
does a chown to themselves can they/startxwin.bat delete the file.

Hmm... I ran into this once a long time ago. Are the users actually exiting XWin.exe, or are they leaving it open? You know, Takuma Murakami added a catch for WM_ENDSESSION in XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-22; this message is thrown when a user logs off and catching it causes XWin.exe to shutdown cleanly. Thus, 4.3.0-22 might fix your problem. Have you tried 4.3.0-22?