PC104 "Windows" keys not generating keyboard events

My preferred X keyboard setup on Linux has the Alt key generating the
Alt modifier, and the "Windows" key generating the Meta modifier.
I've recently learned how to disable the various hotkeys under
Windows, so I'm working my way towards the same setup on my work
laptop (XP).  I also have my home game box (2000) for testing.

My work laptop has both Exceed and Cygwin/XFree86, and Exceed works
pretty much as expected.  The left Win key generates keycode 115,
which I've set up to generate Meta_L.

Cygwin/XFree86 on both my work machine and home machine don't see
*anything* when I press and release the Win key.  "xev" reports no
events whatsoever.  I've confirmed that the key is working properly
using native Emacs on my home box.  With hotkeys turned off and

  (setq w32-pass-lwindow-to-system nil)
  (setq w32-lwindow-modifier 'meta)

in my init file, the Win key works exactly as you would expect.

Can anyone give me suggestions on how to investigate the missing
XFree86 events and fix this problem?

Thanks,

Derek

--
Derek Upham
sand@blarg.net

"Ha!  Your Leaping Tiger Kung Fu is no match for my Frightened Piglet style!"