twm takes no control

Quoted is what I posted as "no key input" last month.

Today I did the update and now twm doesn't take any key input
anymore. I can't move the keyboard focus from one window to another
by pressing the f.downiconmgr or the likes. In fact, no key command
(f.iconify, f.raiselower, f.zoom....) works now.

My preference is to use Ctrl key plus Shift key plus a letter key.
For example, f.downiconmgr is Ctrl+Shift+j. In .twmrc, it is like

    "j" = c|s : all : f.downiconmgr

It looks as if this Shift key is not detected as pressed. So instead
of taking it as Ctrl-Shift-x, it takes as Ctrl-x, and it is passed
through twm to whatever application that has the focus at the time
because it is no longer interpreted as a valid twm command key.

This was working before. What wasn't working is xterm, not twm.
But now, twm isn't.

Dai

) My startxwin.sh gives me the root window and an xterm window in it.
) I login to a remote host from this xterm after doing xhost for it.
) From there, I invoke xterm specifying the local PC as the display.
) Now I have two xterm windows here: one invoked locally, the other
) invoked from the remote host.
)
) TWM is my window manager. My preference is to show the IconManager
) at the upper right hand corner of the root, in which I can move
) from one icon to the next by pressing the keyboard combo specified
) in the ~/.twmrc as "f.downiconmgr" or "f.upiconmgr". If I press
) the key combo, no matter where the mouse cursor is at, it jumps
) to the IconManager area and points to the window that has the keyboard
) focus at the time. As I press the "up" or the "down" key, the mouse
) cursor jumps to one icon up or down, and the keyboard focus moves
) to the corresponding window at once. This is the equivalent of
) MS Windows' Alt-Tab for me in X(no autoraise by default though).
) This is how I move the keyboard focus from one window to another.
) I can't live without this as I have been doing this for over 10
) years now. I'm so accustomed to it that I sometimes do it in MS
) Windows.
)
) Now, with the latest Cygwin install, I still can move the keyboard
) focus by pressing the "up" or "down" key, thus I can toggle the
) keyboard focus between the two xterm windows I mentioned above.
) But, the xterm that is locally executed(cygwin xterm) doesnt take
) any key input unless I move the mouse cursor over the xterm
) window area, while the one that is remotely executed can take key
) inputs as usual without moving a mouse(the mouse cursor stays in
) the IconManager area).
)
) Until the one before the latest(XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-18?), this was
) not the case. I was able to move around AND TYPE. Something that
) was added since then broke this capability.
)
)