Re: security, cvs, was Re: interface bindings of x-server

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Keith Packard wrote:
> Around 18 o'clock on Nov 19, Dave Dodge wrote:
> > [I realize xauth, or changing permissions on the unix socket, could
> > probably solve this as well. But the localhost method is really,
> > really easy :-]
>
> When you say 'xhost +localhost' you're also granting permission for
> applications to connect throught the unix domain socket.

Yeah, about five minutes after I sent that message I started thinking
that I used to use xhost +localhost and then unix:0 to connect from
other accounts, so the xhost must have affected the unix socket
somehow as well. At some point in the past I switched from using
unix:0 to localhost:0 for those cases, but I can't remember if there
was a specific reason for doing so (probably user error).

                                                  -Dave Dodge