Re: Problem compiling Lesstif programs on latest Cygwin

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Skeeter wrote:

> Although I have been compiling and running Lesstif
> programs on Cygwin successfully for the past year,
> something in the latest Cygwin package seems to have
> broken my ability to compile/link(?) new programs.
> (I can still run previously compiled X/lestif
> programs.)

Yes.  It was the transition to a shared Xm/Xt, but you do NOT have the
latest Cygwin packages of those if you are seeing the following error.
You might need to choose a different mirror site.

Please see this thread and search the archives before posting.  Thanks.

Additional comments follow.

> $ gcc -I/usr/X11R6/include -L/usr/X11R6/lib memo_1.c
> -lXm -lXt  -lX11 -o memo_1
>  Info: resolving _XtStrings by linking to
> __imp__XtStrings (auto-import)
>  Info: resolving __XtInherit by linking to
> __imp___XtInherit (auto-import)
>  Info: resolving __XtInheritTranslations by linking to
> __imp___XtInheritTranslations (auto-import)
>  Info: resolving _XtShellStrings by linking to
> __imp__XtShellStrings (auto-import)
>  Info: resolving _overrideShellClassRec by linking to
> __imp__overrideShellClassRec (auto-import)
>  Info: resolving _transientShellClassRec by linking to
> __imp__transientShellClassRec (auto-import)

These are info messages, so they are not really errors.

Can someone explain how we should fix these?  I gather it is a mundane
search and replace type task, but I haven't had time to look deeply at it.

This is the error that indicates your lesstif/XFree86 packages are out of
data:

--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer