AltGr and XP Powertoys not fixed yet?

Hi!

I've installed Cygwin XFree86 4.3.0-25 on Windows XP Professional (German
Edition, with latest patches) with TweakUI installed.

Unfortunately the AltGr key doesn't work as expected in any X11
application (no problems except with XFree86). The keys works sometimes
(that is, e.g. 3 times then not) or not at all.

FYI, the letters @~|[]{}\ are reached via the AltGr key on german
keyboards. Not having the backslash, at or pipe-symbol is quite annoying,
to say the least! ;-)

Digging through the mailing-list archives revealed that the XP Powertoys
are somehow messing up the keyboard message queue. However, the posts are
over a year old. Hasn't this been fixed yet? I supposed it was fixed
because I did not find anything in the FAQs regarding the AltGr problem.
Well, the only fix I've found so far is to deinstall the Powertoys. :-(

Is there a patch or something else (perhaps a magic Registry entry to
disable Powertoys behaviour) to make AltGr work _with_ having Powertoys
installed? I'd really appreciate this as Exceed would be the only other
solution I can see for now.

Thanks,
Walter