Xaw patch (focus problem) & DLL

I am working with an xterm I modified and rebuilt under the latest
cygwin source files and binaries and have experienced the problem with
focus (the xterm only has keyboard focus if the mouse is in the window).
This was corrected with a patch by Harold Hunt recently, and I have been
looking into implementing the patch. However, when I rebuilt the library
with the patch, using the Imake and make with the default settings, it
builds a static library. (I am building using the files in
cygwin/xc/programs/Xaw. And because of the firewall I work behind, I
have been unable to access the CVS source tree, so am unaware of what
may be missing in my cygwin environment.) It appears from Harold's email
that he rebuilt a dynamic library, as he states that he tested the patch
by running a non-recompiled xterm against the library. So my question
is: what library (or libraries) need to be rebuilt, and does one go
about building it? I have looked at the documentation on dlltool, but
have never used it before. (The last time I built xterm under cygwin was
over two years ago, and I believe that static libraries were all that I
used. And I am confused by the various libraries used in my cygwin setup
- for example, libXaw-7.dll.a is used by the linker in building xterm,
apparently, but cygxaw-7.dll is required at runtime.) Thanks in advance
for any help.

John Urbanczyk
Developer, Research & Development
Paychex Inc.
675 Basket Road
Webster NY 14580
Phone: 585-216-0578

The information contained in this message may be privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or any employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

Thank you. Paychex, Inc.