Avoiding the SPAM (was: Cygwin - KDE).

Thanks for your reply, David, looking forward to an interesting weekend checking it all out.
Sorry to add extra traffic to the list, but I feel I have to point out:
When you replied to me, you (or your e-mail client) echoed my e-mail address (and yours, and that of the mailing list) back in the message in plain text. This is the 'staff of life' for spam harvesters !  Any spammer lurking on the list will now have a couple more e-mail addresses to sell to the advertisers and porn-mongers of this world. Aaarrgh !
Please try to avoid returning e-mail addresses as text in the messages - probably best to 'munger' your address or snip out the server part. Some e-mail clients can be set to do this for you. At the very least, replace the '@' with something less obvious.
Please - I'm not trying to 'dictate terms' - hey, I've only just joined this list - but I would like to hope that everyone takes my point on board. These days, people are losing their jobs for receiving 'dodgy' e-mail adverts at work.
Kevin.
 kevin_dot_lawton_at_bt_dot_com