Re: Latest cygwin + XF strange behaviour

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003, amr roushi wrote:

> After installing the new xfree and cygwin builds i suffer from the
> following , note i have an older version on another machine and it does
> not manifest the same behaviour .
> I am on AIX 5
> and W2K .
> A) I get defunct processes spawned from dtlogin with ever session i open
> and close .

Very strange since there is no direct connection between xwin and the processes.

> b) I have to use the -from parm in order to make it work

This is most likely because of your network configuration. There are at
least two network interfaces configured and xwin does not know which one
is the one it should use. The other machine has most likely a different
configuration.

bye
	ago
--