Re: Ctrl-Alt-Backspace

I don't know, but can't you remap it rather than changing the default X-server behavior? Certainly
seems like something that should be user-remapable for kiosk type installations....can't have just
everyone going around killing off your kiosk, ya know.

Jack Tanner wrote:

Er, so Ctrl-Alt-Backspace kills the X-server (quite efficiently, and with no confirmation). This is bad (for example, when Ctrl-Alt-Backspace happens to match an Emacs incantation).

Since Xwin plays nicely with the system tray icon for exiting, is there any reason to listen for Ctrl-Alt-Backspace? I can think of two reasons -- compatibility with XFree86 convention across platforms, and preserving keyboard accessibility. I'm not sure that either one is very important here.

The least disruptive fix is probably to make Ctrl-Alt-Backspace invoke the same confirmation dialog that the system tray icon invokes.

Thanks,
JT