Re: Error: procedure entry point in cygwin1.dll

Christopher Faylor wrote:
What's wrong with using the Windows Find/Search utility?

Nothing; it's capable of the same thing, but you have to explicitly turn on "Show hidden and system files" in Folder Options (in case the dll is on the drive, but hidden from view because of attributes). In another sense, the Windows Search utility is actually better because you can search multiple drives at once, whereas with the CLI, you have to repeat the dir command for every drive.

Off topic: I just tried that on my machine and I found that CDRDAO ships a cygwin1.dll with their Windows build (I have version 1.1.7). If someone is in the habit of slapping wrists for that sort of thing, there's your cue.

I need a better cue than that. Where did you get the binary?

http://cdrdao.sourceforge.net/ is the main site;
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdrdao/ is the download page where 1.1.7 is available. The main developer is Andreas Mueller (andreasm at users.sourceforge.net), but since it's a SourceForge-hosted project, they have a bug db available through the site.

Best,
JT