Re: Requesting a debug XFree86 snapshot (Was Re: -nounixkill doesn'tseem to work)

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Dec 2003, Alexander Gottwald wrote:
>
> > Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> > >
> > > Could you or Harold please post a debug snapshot somewhere?
> >
> > I've uploaded a debugbuild to
> > http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/~goal/xfree/XWin.exe.bz2
> >
> > It is from my development tree and _NOT_ intended to replace the latest
> > release.
> >
> > bye
> >     ago
>
> Alexander,
>
> Thanks.  However, your snapshot doesn't seem to react to the "Exit"
> message or the Alt-F4 key combination (-[no]winkill don't help).  It only
> reacts to Ctrl-Alt-Backspace if neither -nounixkill nor -unixkill is
> specified, and then X simply exits.  No wonder you couldn't reproduce the
> problem.  I'm attaching the logs from your build for the two sequences
> below:
>
> 1) ./XWin :1.0 -unixkill &
>    Press Ctrl-Alt-Backspace 5 times
>    kill -1 %1
>    kill -2 %1
>
> 2) ./XWin :1.0 &
>    Press Ctrl-Alt-Backspace
>
> HTH.  Please let me know if you'd like me to try another debug build, one
> that has the -[no]unixkill functionality enabled.
> 	Igor

I noticed this too but thought it was a problem when running in gdb. So you'll
have to ask Harold for the debug build. I'm quite busy with merging the changes
to the new CVS repository.

 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723