Re: cygwin as X client

Hi,

1. "X11Forwarding" in ssh_conifg (etc/ssh/ssh_config) on your linux box is enabled ("Yes")
2. "X11Forwarding" in sshd_config (etc/ssh/ssh_config) on your linux box is enabled ("Yes")
3. ssh on your linux box is enabled (/etc/services)
4. on your windows machine: export DISPLAY=YOUR_IP_WINDOWS2000:0.0
5. start XWin.exe AND your windowmanager (e.g. wmaker, fvwm ...)
6. ssh -X -l username hostname_linuxbox from your cygwinshell
7. open xemacs or xterm or any X-application and it should pop up in your X-Window

Regards Olli

Dear All,

Now I am on trip, the computer in my offcie is cygwin/win2000. I opened the ssh and apache server.
The computer I used now is a linux system. I sshed to
my cygwin and want to use xterm. But it gave the error
information
xterm Xt error: Can't open display:
But I can use xterm on cygwin locally. I sshed with the parameter -X,
and I browsered the mail archives, I didn't find help
for me.
I only wanted to use the Xapplication and I should be
able to do so for I can use it locally. What is going
wrong?

Your kind help will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Hong

--
icq: 172670232