Re: Keyboard auto-repeat defaults when using 'xwin -query <host>'

Chris,

Chris Green wrote:
The problem is that when I connect using cygwin/xfree the auto-repeat
is set to silly values, if I do an 'xset -q' I get:-

auto repeat:  on    key click persent:   0    LED mask:  0000000000
auto repeat delay:  100    repeat rate:  10

That auto repeat delay is much too short.

When running locally, I get:

Keyboard Control:
  auto repeat:  on    key click percent:  0    LED mask:  00000000
  auto repeat delay:  500    repeat rate:  31
  auto repeating keys:  00ffffffdffffbbf
                        fadfffffffdffdff
                        ffffffffffffffff
                        ffffffffffffffff
  bell percent:  50    bell pitch:  400    bell duration:  100

When logged into a remote machine via -query I get exactly the same values. I do not have an XF86Config file, and I am not passing any of the following command-line parameters to XWin.exe:

The X Keyboard Extension adds the following arguments:
-kb                    disable the X Keyboard Extension
+kb                    enable the X Keyboard Extension
[+-]accessx [ timeout [ timeout_mask [ feedback [ options_mask] ] ] ]
                       enable/disable accessx key sequences
-ar1                   set XKB autorepeat delay
-ar2                   set XKB autorepeat interval

[...]

-xf86config
	Specify a configuration file.

My /tmp/XWin.log file has the following:

(--) Setting autorepeat to delay=500, rate=31
(--) winConfigKeyboard - Layout: "00000409" (00000409)
(EE) No primary keyboard configured
(==) Using compiletime defaults for keyboard
Rules = "xfree86" Model = "pc101" Layout = "us" Variant = "(null)" Options = "(null)"

Could you please confirm that you are not passing any additional args to XWin.exe, then send in your XWin.log files from both a local session and from a session when you use -query to connect to a remote machine? That should help us to investigate the problem.