Re: keyboard problems

Marcel,

Do you have XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-29? Are the 00 keys generated with AltGr? If so, you may benefit from 4.3.0-29. If not, I'm not sure what your problem is.

Harold

Kloosterman, Marcel wrote:
Hi,

I'm using the newest version of cygwin-xfree with windowmaker and I have the following problem.

When I logon to a Sun unix-system (Solaris 5.8) throug ssh I can type characters normally, but when I start vmsa (Veritas Volume Manager Storage Administrator) and have to type I don't see what I really typed. For example: login001 becomes login]]1
Another exaple: test becomes tst

When I start it in the background I also have the problem. Within the xterm from which vmsa was initiated the characters are typed as expected. I already tried things like xmodmap, but that doesn't work.

Please help !

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Marcel Kloosterman

	Atos Origin PU EIS SDU UNIX OPS 2.1