Re: Possible to use clipboard with remote/xdm connection?

Chris Green wrote:

> Do I then need to run a *local* cygwin window on my win2k system and
> run 'xwinclip'?  In that case what will running 'xhost 127.0.0.1' on
> the remote system do?  (I know what xhost does, I just don't see what
> it has to do with running xwinclip).

The xserver running on the windows host is setup to accept only clients
from the session started by xdm. xhost now tells the server (which is
on the windows computer) to allow connections from local (to the xserver)
clients.

This means the xhost 127.0.0.1 tells the xserver to accept connections
from the windows host. After that you can start xwinclip on the windows
host.

bye
        ago
NP: Letzte Instanz - Glockenrequiem