Re: XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-33 release pending

Takuma,

Please rerun setup.exe and install the XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-33 package again. It was updated after you first downloaded it.

Harold

Takuma Murakami wrote:

Dear Kensuke,

Couldn't you copy and paste Japanese text in above condition?

X app -> Win apps that use unicode(IE, Notepade etc)
X app -> Win apps that don't use unicode(Meadow, Hidemaru etc)

Either of those two fail in my environment(Windows XP). With -nounicodeclipboard, unicode apps fail. And without it, non-unicode apps fail

I have tested further on the issue.  I use Emacs for X app
and Hidemaru for Win app.  All software run on local
machine (WinXP).

For X -> Win cases, it seems working perfectly.
For Win -> X cases, problems happen.  For some characters,
the pasted part is shown in a little strange font and I
cannot save the file.  Note that, I can still read the
pasted part.  It's in different font (might be Unicode
font?) but represents the same character.  Furthermore,
some characters are converted perfectly, that is, I can
save it.

I have done the same test using IE instead of Hidemaru
for comparison between Unicode and non-Unicode apps
but noticed no difference.

I also compared Shift-JIS and EUC and again noticed
no difference.

Thank you for all your works and hope this helps.

Takuma Murakami (murakami@ipl.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp)