XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-35

A new 'test' version has been posted with many changes to the clipboard
support.

The new version includes fixes for some crashes when copying unsupported formats in Win32 and X11. I am not certain that copying graphics in X, then trying to paste them as text in Win32 will not cause a crash. I would appreciate some feedback on this.

You will notice that copying text in X11, followed by copying a graphic in Win32, will result in being able to paste the X11 text within X11 and the graphic within Win32; the clipboards are kept separate in this case. Unfortunately, copying text in Win32, followed by copying a graphic in X11, while obilterate the text on the Win32 clipboard even though you cannot actually paste the X11 graphic within Win32. There is a reason for this problem: we are not informed of the type of item being selected in X11 until we ask for the X11 clipboard data to be sent to our clipboard client, thus, we cannot choose to not delete the Win32 clipboard contents when an incompatible type of item is copied in X11. So, please don't complain about this unless you have some way that I can determine the type of item being selected in X11 when the X Client calls XSetSelectionOwner.

Again, I would like to mark this 'test' release as 'curr' if it is tested and found to be stable. So, please report your results as soon as possible.