RE: Problem connecting to Solaris 8 systems using Xwin

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Martin McNelis wrote:

> Surely if that was the case I would be unable to connect to Solaris 2.6
> boxes, which I can.  The keyboard mapping problem is one I've always had
> with Cygwin as the keyboard I use is for UK and Ireland.  That has never
> stopped me connecting to a box.  The only thing that has ever caused the
> same problem for me before was if a Solaris box was called without
> specifying a font server.  I've checked that the font server is running on
> the Solaris 8 boxes but still now luck.  Is it possible that the Font server
> for Solaris 8 has changed slightly and is no longer compatible with Cygwin?

I don't think so. I've used cygwin/X to connect to Solaris 8 too and had
no problems. If it is even crashing then there must be a bigger problem.

Have you started XWin with special parameters (eg -multiwindow, -clipboard)?

@Harold: Do you have a debug build ready. I'd like Martin to try it in
gdb to get a backtrace where the server crashed.

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de