Re: ghostview problems ...

You need to uninstall the ghostscript package and install the ghostscript-x11 package. You have to be careful to check each time that you run setup.exe that ghostscript is not being installed (if it is, just click in the "New" column until "Skip" is displayed). This should really be fixed by the ghostscript maintainer so that ghostscript and ghostscript-x11 can both be installed at the same time, or so that applications can depend on a package that doesn't cause one or the other to be installed. But I digress...

Harold

B. Marchand wrote:

I just noticed something. Even though ghostview (gv) comes up and appears to run I can never open a file with it. It says "Unknown device: x11" when I try to open a PS or EPS file. The only difference I noticed between gv in cygwin and that in linux is that the following library is not available under cygwin:

/usr/lib/ghostscript/7.05/X11.so

I wonder if this is the same reason why geomview won't run under cygwin. In geomview's case (debug mode) I get a message saying

Warning: XmManager ClassInitialize: XmeTraitSet failed
Error: attempt to add non-widget child "DropSiteManager" to parent "Geomview" which supports only widgets.

Any ideas as to what is missing for ghostview to run properly?

--B.