Re: Can't close windows; window-titles don't change with xserv 4.3.0-40

/tmp/XWin.log from a failed session is needed.

Harold

Leeuw van der, Tim wrote:
Hi,

Subject says it all, really - since upgrading to XWin 4.3.0-40, clicking the
'close' button on windows doesn't close them anymore. I do however have to
hit the 'enter' key in rxvt windows before I can type anything again.
The window-title doesn't change anymore, it's always 'Cygwin/X X'.

I've tested this with both rxvt and nedit (both cygwin packaged running
locally).

The X server is the only Cygwin package that has been upgraded. Everything
worked properly before the upgrade (and I use rxvt frequently as I don't
like the dos windows) and the only other changes on this machine are:
- Modified ClearCase settings
- Removed some empty / non-existing / redundant directories from my PATH
that were not cygwin-related.
(Mentioning this just out of completeness but I can't see it having any
impact on the XWin problem)

My machine: Win2k sp4; PIII; 512Mb. All cygwin at the latest versions (of
course), ipc-daemon2 running. Any other relevant info that is required to
tackle this problem?

(PS: I'm not on the list; trying to post anyways. Please include me in
replies/followups...)

Regards,

--Tim van der Leeuw