Re: xserv 4.3.0-29 Alt Gr Problem is gone

Alexander Gottwald wrote:

> Hans Dekker wrote:
>
> > Still, what's the solution to defining your keyboard correctly *before*
> > you start Xwin?.
> >
> > I guess it must be simple, but probably I oversee some configuration
> > file or anything similar.
>
> The config file.
> http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-xfree-faq.html#q-non-U.S.-keyboard-layout

After I've read your mail again I noticed you're connecting to CDE. CDE uses
an old version of X11 and has problems with the keysymbol for the AltGr key.

Most likely CDE sets the keyboard layout with an extra modmap which does not
work with the 4.3 Release. But so far no one has examined this further or
reported the results.

bye
    ago
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723