RE: non-widget child "DropSiteManager" error (WAS: RE: Grace (xmgrace)5.1.12-1 ... )

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Atwood, Robert C wrote:

> As far as I can tell, it not only build static .a library files, but did
> not create any shared .dll files. Is there another step needed to do
> this? I will try to comprehend some parts of the script and see if I can
> figure how to create the dll's or why I did not get them in the first
> place.

Did you make sure that this step from Harold's lesstif announcement
worked?

2) Make the build script run aclocal, autoconf, and automake, and make
the mkpatch step exclude files generated by these programs.  This
makes the package patch readable and useful.

I think you might need to include libtool in that list.  Make sure all of
the afore mentioned tools are up to date, and then try:

autoreconf --install --force

> At first I tried buildign the lesstif by manually runing ./configure and
> make but this did not work.

Probably due to the above.

> This is a list all the files called Xm that got installed :
> </usr/X11R6>$find . -name '*Xm\.*'
> ./lib/libXm.la
> ./lib/libXm.a
> ./include/Xm/Xm.h